Lead Engineer - Android
Location: Gurgaon (NCR)
We believe that the way people communicate with each other should be richer, easier and cheaper than what it is today. Our goal is to build the best real-time communication system possible with today's technology. This is a large, complex problem and has the potential to impact millions of people in a positive way. To do this, we need really smart engineers who can persist with numerous multi-dimensional problems and solve them elegantly. This is where you come in.
While our team is mostly engineers, we share a strong culture of putting the user ahead of everything, and nowhere does it reflect more than in our Mobile product. We are obsessed with building a beautiful, elegant product which is intuitively simple for the user. But it goes deeper - our goal is to exceed the Text and Voice call apps that ship with the phone unit in terms of responsiveness, stablity and battery-friendliness.
On the backend we employ a message-oriented architecture running on JVM, Node.js, Erlang, 0mq, MySql and MongoDb in the Amazon cloud. Our desktop client pushes the capabilities of the HTML 5, JS, CSS stack and runs across Windows, Mac and web.
These are still early days for us, but we have a working product out in the wild. Check us out at http://talk.to/
- You love programming and writing elegant, clean code, and have been doing so since 5+ years
- You enjoy solving problems (and are good at it!)
- You are pro-active and get stuff done
- You are innately curious, and take time out to educate yourself and get better
- You enjoy working with smart, fun people in a friendly, collaborative environment
- You have great oral and written communication skills
The Job Requires
- A solid grasp on programming fundamentals including algorithms, data structures, OS, I/O, concurrency, networking, OO principles
- Experience with multi-threading and concucrrency programming
- Deep understanding of the Android stack - all the way up from the hardware to the app
- Network programming experience
- Experience with Unit testing, CI tools and frameworks
- You have your very own custom ROM
- You have ported Dalvik to a non-Android platform
- You can read the logcat output like spoken English
- You use Git for everything possible - right from tasks to blog posts to expense management
- You can touch type at 60+ WPM
- You speak Klingon, Elvish or Na'vi
- Salary at par with the best in the industry
- Generous equity
- Set up your own work environment - cabin or open desk, Mac or PC, 2 monitors or 4, ..
- Health coverage for you and your dependents
- More than 4 weeks of paid leaves
- Pick up and drop from home
- Concierge desk for all those tedious tasks you can never get done on your own
- Healthy snacks and drinks - on the house
- A butler to serve 'em up just the way you like, on your desk